Visitors to the school continue to describe us as an oasis or jewel in the
heart of town. We enjoy this description because of our generous donors and
very hard working volunteers.
As you know our school calendar has 4 terms but when school’s OUT, the
volunteer maintenance team is IN.
It’s amazing how much work gets done without the 150 precious little people
This JULY holiday was no exception.
1) All the outdoor playground equipment was checked and repaired where
necessary ensuring it’s 100% safety
2) Jamming doors and broken windows were repaired and replaced.
3) The gardens underwent a face lift with a little cutting back here and a
little planting there.
4) Each wooden cabin classroom was adorned with bright and colourful
pictures made from re-cycled plastic caps.
5) The hair platting models were replaced with gorgeous models with
different hairstyles and different hair colour.
6) The most exciting project of the holiday was the design of the Makabongwe
Motor Track together with the undercover weatherproof shelter to keep the
bikes and trikes easily accessible for the children.
7) This project is not 100% complete because we have to wait for the asphalt
to weather before painting with road marking paint but it will be all
systems go by mid August and we will have the official launch of our track,
together with traffic signs, traffic lights and a “petrol pump”.
8) The children are thoroughly enjoying the trampolines – GRADE R YELLOW
Butterflies, Bees and Birds using the new large one and GREEN, BLUE and RED
groups using the smaller one with new net and spring cover.
9) The last and final playground upgrade is securing soccer posts for the
We are still waiting on a sponsor for this.
The Roach Man ensured our premises remain rodent free and Cooks from
Intercare spent almost a whole day cleaning the carpets and office chairs.
They look brand new again.
Special thanks must go to ALAN LUKAN who tirelessly and generously
volunteers his time at the school ensuring all of the above projects are
seen through to completion.
The photos show the action taking place at Makabongwe.
THANK YOU DONORS AND VOLUNTEERS FOR ENSURING OUR SCHOOL IS SUCH A SAFE AND
INTERESTING PLACE TO BE ENSURING THE CHILDREN LEARN NEW SKILLS EVERY DAY.